If you own a motorcycle and need to ship it, it can be hard to decide how to do so. Should you haul your bike yourself? Or hire someone to transport it? How do you know what services are best for your particular needs? These and many other questions may be swimming through your head as you try to figure out how to get your bike from point A to point B.
To take some of the stress out of the process, here’s everything you need to know about motorcycle shipping.
What is motorcycle shipping?
Motorcycle shipping is the process of transporting a motorcycle from one location to another. This can be done via ground, air, or sea. Motorcycle shipping is a popular option for those who are moving to a new city or country, or who simply want to transport their bike to a different location.
There are a few things to keep in mind when shipping a motorcycle, such as the type of bike, the shipping method, and the destination. Each state has its own set of laws and regulations regarding motor vehicle registration, insurance requirements, etc., so you should contact your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to see what you need to do before transporting your bike.
Some states require that you use an approved transporter company; others require a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) verification. If you’re shipping internationally, make sure to find out about any restrictions on motorcycles that may apply at your destination country.
If you have any questions about motorcycle shipping or anything else related to transportation, we’d love to help!
How does motorcycle shipping work?
If you’re planning to ship your motorcycle, there are a few things you need to know. Motorcycle shipping is a bit different than shipping a car, so it’s important to be prepared. Here’s what you need to know about motorcycle shipping.
1) You should consider having the bike shipped instead of driving it across the country.
2) When choosing how to transport your bike, it’s best to go with professionals because they have experience and expertise in handling these types of situations.
3) They will take care of everything from loading your bike onto the truck, to unpacking it when it arrives at its destination.
4) The cost of shipping a motorcycle can vary depending on where you’re going and what type of vehicle you’re shipping (e.g., car vs. motorcycle).
5) For more information on how much a motorcycle costs to ship, contact an experienced service provider such as Xpress Auto Movers
6) There are also some precautions that must be taken into consideration before transporting your bike.
7) Consider bringing tools that may help you change tires or chains if needed.
8) Also bring gas cans for safety reasons – no one wants their bike to break down just because they ran out of gas!
9) When packing your bike, remember to leave enough room for air bags around the frame and make sure all parts are secure.
10) Finally, be sure not to put any objects near sensitive areas like exhaust pipes or fuel tanks. These guidelines should help ensure a safe trip from start to finish.
How to Pack Your Motorcycle For Shipping
If you’re planning on shipping your motorcycle, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prepare it for transport. First, you’ll want to make sure the bike is clean and free of any loose debris. Then, you’ll need to drain all the fluids from the motorcycle – this includes the gas, oil, and coolant.
Once that’s done, you’ll want to secure any loose parts on the bike, like the mirrors or fairings. You can use packing tape, bungee cords, straps or even bubble wrap to do so. Finally, cover the bike with shrink wrap or plastic sheeting before sealing it in its box.
After the package has been sealed, check that no part of the motorcycle is protruding outside the package. Keep in mind that many companies will not accept shipments containing these items:
– motorcycles without gas caps;
– bikes without keys;
– bikes not wrapped properly with extra space for movement inside the box;
– motorcycles in pieces;
– fuel tanks detached from their mounts (no tank = no shipment);
– rear sets detached from their mounts (no set = no shipment). Remember to place instructions regarding hazardous materials (for example, gasoline) inside the package and label it accordingly. Be careful about marking FRAGILE on packages as this could lead to increased chances of damage during transit.
How much does it cost to get a motorcycle shipped?
On average, it costs about $600 to have a motorcycle shipped within the United States. Shipping rates will vary depending on the size and weight of your motorcycle, as well as the distance it needs to travel. If you’re shipping internationally, you can expect to pay even more.
Fortunately, there are a few ways to save on shipping costs, such as shipping during the off-season or finding a company that offers discounts for multiple shipments. You should also keep in mind that you’ll be responsible for all associated taxes and fees when arranging a shipment.
Lastly, don’t forget to take into account any potential repairs before starting the process!
How long does shipping a motorcycle take?
On average, it takes about 7-10 days to ship a motorcycle from one location to another. However, this time frame can be affected by a number of factors, including the size and weight of the motorcycle, the distance it needs to travel, and the time of year.
Generally speaking, shipping will take longer in winter months due to inclement weather conditions. As such, riders should consider their timeline when looking for an appropriate carrier and planning their trip accordingly. If you need your bike shipped ASAP, then choose a company that offers expedited services. It is important to note that if you are traveling during peak season (such as holidays or summer), make sure your carrier has room on its schedule before booking!
While there are many variables that affect how long your motorcycle may take to ship, we recommend calling potential carriers to ask them questions about their services and whether they have availability for your specific date range.
How to find the best motorcycle shipping company
When it comes to shipping your motorcycle, you want to make sure you’re working with a reputable and experienced company. Here are a few tips on how to find the best motorcycle shipping company for your needs The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s website offers an extensive list of companies that offer motorcycle transport services.
You can also search for reviews of companies before you choose one to work with. Look at what other customers have said about the service they received and if they would recommend the company to others. Another way to research motorcycle shippers is by asking friends or family members who have shipped motorcycles in the past who they used and what their experience was like.
Asking questions such as, What were the pros and cons? or Would you use them again? will help give you insight into whether that company would be a good fit for your needs. If all else fails, try contacting customer service directly. The website has a customer contact form where you can submit any questions you may have about the company. Your query may not be answered immediately but representatives from the company should get back to you shortly after receiving your message.
Once you’ve found a company that meets your standards, it’s time to discuss the details. After choosing which type of transportation works best for you (by land, air or sea), ask about fees and add-ons such as fuel surcharges and terminal delivery charges. Some companies charge extra fees for items like motorcycles, ATVs and dirt bikes so be sure to find out more information ahead of time so there are no surprises later on.
Why You Should Trust Us
If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to motorcycle shipping, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Xpress Auto Movers, we have years of experience shipping vehicles of all types – including motorcycles. We know the ins and outs of the shipping process, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Whether you need to ship your bike cross-country or just across town, our team will take care of everything for you. Call us today!